Sales can be a great career. But, like anything, there are benefits and drawbacks. If you're considering a career in sales, maybe this will be a good place to start. I hope the list will grow over time.
- Potentially unlimited income
- Customer interaction
- Meet many different people
- Relative level of control over your destiny
- Transferrable skills
- Opportunity everywhere
- Potential for entertaining interactions (potential customers can throw curve balls...)
- Irregular income
- Demanding expectations
- Unpredictable schedule
- Constant pressure to find the next opportunity
- Moving from "hero to zero"
If you're looking to improve your sales performance, visit an upcoming IMPACT Selling Seminar. The 2-day course teaches sales professionals the award winning IMPACT selling process, and the strategies and tactics to start winning more deals, more often. Learn More.
Published on September 03, 2010