Careers at The Brooks Group
Marketing Operations Manager
Become a Marketing Operations Manager for The Brooks Group
The Brooks Group, multiple year winner of The Triad Business Journal’s “Best Place to Work,” is looking for an experienced Marketing Operations Manager to join our team. This position requires residency in the Triad area of North Carolina.
The Brooks Group has been consistently ranked by industry analysts as one of the nation’s leading B2B sales training companies. We offer our clients state-of-the-art sales training programs, sales management training programs and sales assessment tools, and we are currently seeking a skilled and driven marketing manager to join our marketing team.
About the Marketing Operations Manager role
The primary purpose of the role is to develop and implement a structured inbound and outbound marketing platform which generates a consistent marketing driven sales pipeline and successfully manage the day-to-day operations of the marketing department.
The Marketing Operations Manager will serve as lead for the inbound marketing team while working in tandem with the Sales Operations Manager. Marketing and sales skills are valuable to interpret sales goals and lead team to execute marketing strategies.
The work environment requires a positive, upbeat, innovative, and energetic attitude. The successful candidate will exude a passion for making a difference in our client organizations, while demonstrating flexibility, teamwork, and a strong sense of accountability.
- A track record of successful planning, operating with a sense of urgency in the present and constantly looking 3-6 months ahead to bring organization, order, and planning to the marketing department.
- The ability to manage creative processes. Success in facilitating collaborative brainstorming, writing creative briefs, providing feedback and listening to the ideas of others with a sense of how any given project/potential idea may play out in the marketplace.
- Has worked closely with sales teams on innovative campaigns that fulfill client needs, drive client results and increase the generation of non-traditional/new business revenue.
- Ability to apply data, analytics and insights to marketing campaigns.
- Ability to create data-driven and targeted marketing plans that leverage trade partners, relationships and other tactics.
- Understanding of SEO best practices.
- Strong knowledge of the business-to-business sales industry and the marketing of intangible professional services.
- Industry experience with longer sales cycles, with high cost/risk associated with change, appreciates reliance on inbound activity.
- Experience with HubSpot, Salesforce, SEMrush or other similar technologies.
- Have led a team and managed a budget.
- Accustomed to being held accountable for marketing metrics.
The Marketing Manager will:
- Establish a consistent pipeline of inbound leads to allow the Company to hit monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Stay up to date in the latest marketing trends and technology changes and adjust marketing plans accordingly.
- Manage the entire complement of inbound lead-generating activities which includes, but is not limited to: email marketing, social media marketing, and account-based marketing to existing clients.
- Work with the content team to create blogs, thought leadership pieces such as whitepapers and research papers, as well as requesting and scheduling press releases.
- Manage and oversee the creation of sales collateral to include one sheets, testimonials, case studies, etc.
- Plan email marketing campaigns and report on performance.
- Identify top-of-funnel opportunities for targeted workflows.
- Identify topics for content creation that are industry relevant and SEO optimized.
- Manage PPC efforts and budget while working with vendors for ad creation and campaign optimization.
- Monitor keyword rankings and seek out opportunities to improve rankings through technical and content optimization.
- Create savvy copy for promos and email and social media marketing.
- Monitor Google Alerts and other notifications to stay up to date with industry news, competitor news, and company references.
- Be able to report on all inbound lead generating activities including metrics on email activity, social activity, and any other initiatives.
- Achieve the following key measures of success:
- Sales accepted leads on a weekly basis.
- Marketing generated sales leads on a monthly basis.
- Marketing generated opportunities on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
Bachelor’s Degree in a Related Field, Minimum of 3 years B2B marketing experience