Careers at The Brooks Group
Account Executive – Client Solution Strategist
The Brooks Group has been consistently ranked by industry analysts as one of the nation’s leading B2B sales training companies. We offer our clients state-of-the-art sales training programs, sales management training programs and sales assessment tools, and we are currently seeking a high energy, highly consultative salesperson to join our sales team.
About the Client Solution Strategist Role
The primary purpose of the role is to grow sales by navigating a complex and crowded marketplace to introduce The Brooks Group’s sales training and hiring/development assessment solutions to self-generated and company-generated prospects to win new customers.
Our CSSs are typically presenting to VPs of Sales, VPs of HR, and Learning & Development leaders as well as Presidents and CEOs. Experience operating at that level is a crucial qualification for this role. An understanding of the complex sale is essential, as is the ability to navigate corporate decision-making dynamics to effectively differentiate yourself – and the company – from the competition.
If you’re selected for this opportunity you’ll be provided with the prospecting tools and training you’ll need to succeed along with a high level of marketing support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop monthly and annual prospecting plans to ensure that sales goals are attained.
- Identify and pursue prospects in order to introduce The Brooks Group’s products and services to and drive revenue.
- Maintain expert knowledge of The Brooks Group’s products and marketing messaging to effectively and persuasively articulate The Brooks
- Group’s Value Proposition in a clear and compelling way.
- Work closely with the marketing team in developing new ways to increase awareness of The Brooks Group’s products and to evolve and
- improve the lead qualification process; as well as, to ensure all sales and marketing promotions are aligned and match the opportunities in the marketplace.
- Promptly follow up on all inbound leads.
- Work alongside BDR’s to proactively introduce The Brooks Group’s solutions into industry-specific, US-based accounts.
- Solicit referrals from existing customers in order to grow a book of business.
- Follow up on all self-generated and company-generated contacts in an organized and effective fashion with sufficient frequency to move prospects through the sales funnel in a timely manner.
- Develop customized sales consulting, sales training, and sales management training recommendations for prospects and customers.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations in both virtual and live settings.
- Travel to client and prospect locations in order to win and/or support accounts.
- Develop Proposals and Letters of Agreement.
- Exhibit all aspects of The Brooks Group’s client-facing sales training, sales management training and sales assessment practices in day-to-day selling efforts.
- Work with Instructional Designers, Facilitators, Talent Management Consultants and Project Managers as necessary to ensure client needs are met.
- Work alongside Business Partners (Account Managers) to ensure a smooth client transition and strongest likelihood of future business.
- Network with key stakeholders within prospect and client organizations to make introductions to the Talent Management Team in order to grow assessment business.
- Update all information in SalesForce.com consistently to ensure high quality and usable data.
- Regularly meet and exceed monthly and annual sales target.
- Prepare for and attend weekly 1:1 and weekly group sales meetings.
- Debrief leadership on all open (and closed) sales opportunities.
- Be available for peer coaching and team selling as necessary.
- 4-year college degree is required.
- 5+ years of strategic sales experience.
- Design – generate creative solutions; demonstrate attention to detail
- Problem solving – gather and analyze information skillfully
- Technical skills – strive to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Customer service – respond promptly to customer needs; solicit customer feedback to improve service; respond to requests for service and assistance
- Oral communication – speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; demonstrate group presentation skills
- Planning/Organizing – prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; plan for additional resources; set goals and objectives; develop realistic action plans
- Dependability – follow instructions, respond to management direction; keep commitments
- Initiative – take independent actions and calculated risks; look for and take advantage of opportunities; ask for and offer help when needed
- Innovation – display original thinking and creativity; meet challenges with resourcefulness; generate suggestions for improving work; develop innovative approaches and ideas
- Team-oriented – work collaboratively with all team members, especially in Talent Management and Account Management, to ensure the continuation of a strong client relationship and future business
Compensation & Benefits
- Healthy, competitive base salary with 6-figure on-target earnings
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K
- CSS Training Program
- Unlimited PTO