Selling Power Features The Brooks Group on 2013 Top 20 Sales Training Companies List
Greensboro, NC – July 23, 2013 – Today The Brooks Group announced that it has been included on the 2013 Top 20 Training Companies list published by Selling Power magazine. The list appears in the Summer (July/Aug/Sept) issue of Selling Power, which will be mailed to subscribers in the second week of August.
“We’re honored to be included on this list. We believe it’s a reflection of the results our clients achieve, which is a direct consequence of the incredible team here at The Brooks Group,” says Jeb Brooks, President and CEO of The Brooks Group.
The following points were just two of the considerations that influenced the selection process for the 2013 Top 20 Sales Training Companies list.
- Research by Corporate Executive Board has shown that up to 57 percent of B2B buying steps are completed before buyers connect with a salesperson. According to Selling Power editors, many B2B companies are still working to adapt their sales process to meet the expectations of the newly empowered customer.
- Increased commoditization in many industries has left many sales teams to compete on price alone. In such an environment, Selling Power believes that sales training can be a vital differentiating factor in helping salespeople shift the dynamic and move the customer’s focus to value, rather than price.
“When a company has adopted an excellent sales training program, the proof is the reaction of the customer,” says Selling Power founder and CEO Gerhard Gschwandtner. “Good sales training actually enhances the buying experience for the customer. A high-quality sales training initiative is one of the best investments a sales leader can make to become more successful and more competitive in any market.”
The best sales training companies share the following characteristics:
- Provide a consultative experience.
- Quantify results with metrics.
- Offer customization and post-training support.
- Have a documented track record of ROI.
The five criteria used for selection on the list were:
- Depth and breadth of training offered,
- Innovative offerings (specific training courses or methodology) or delivery methods,
- International capabilities,
- Ability to customize offerings, and
- Strength of client satisfaction.
Selling Power editors say the firms included on the 2013 Top 20 Sales Training Companies list have “demonstrated an excellent awareness of the skills and tools required in order to succeed and remain competitive in today’s selling environment.” For more information or to order a copy of the Summer issue, visit www.SellingPower.com or call Selling Power headquarters at (540) 752-7000.
About The Brooks Group
Founded in 1977, The Brooks Group is a professional sales effectiveness company that has guided more than 3,000 organizations in over 500 industries to advance their sales cultures. Headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina, The Brooks Group offers their clients proven sales and sales management development programs, industry-leading reinforcement tools and best-in-class TriMetrix® assessments. Click here to learn more about The Brooks Group, one of the Top Sales Training Companies.
About Selling Power
In addition to Selling Power magazine, the leading periodical for sales managers and sales VPs since 1981, Selling Power Inc. produces the Sales Management Digest and Daily Boost of Positivity online newsletters, as well as a five-minute video series featuring interviews with top executives. Selling Power is a regular media sponsor of the Sales 2.0 Conference.
About Jeb Brooks
Jeb Brooks is President and CEO of the The Brooks Group. He is a sought-after commentator on sales and sales management issues, having appeared in numerous publications including the Wall Street Journal. Jeb is the author of four books and writes for The Brooks Group’s popular sales blog at www.TheBrooksGroup.com/Blog.
About Gerhard Gschwandtner
Gerhard Gschwandtner is the Founder and CEO of Selling Power and the publisher of Selling Power magazine. He conducts a popular Daily Report video series featuring interviews with top sales and marketing executives and CEOs and regularly hosts the Sales 2.0 Conference. He is a recipient of the Sales & Marketing Executives International, Inc. 2010 Ambassador of Free Enterprise Award. Read his blog at www.Blog.SellingPower.com.
The Brooks Group
EVP and Director of Marketing