The Brooks Virtual Selling Program
Training a sales team for excellence is not a job to be taken lightly. With the IMPACT Selling Virtual Sales Training Program, we can upskill your team to make better prospecting choices, build better and more lasting customer relationships, and identify solutions through a collaborative, active listening process led by an experienced and insightful facilitator. With IMPACT Coaching, we can help ensure that your sales professionals are truly understanding and implementing newly learned skills with clients and prospects.
Our spaced learning program is essential for virtual selling in the modern world. It is a long-term approach to sales training that we’ve been preaching and teaching since before the pandemic hit. The components of The Brooks Virtual Selling Program, which are outlined below, combine for total of almost 21 hours of virtual, instructor-led learning.
Brooks Talent Index
The Brooks Talent Index gives managers and individuals a holistic view of an individual’s talents in three distinct areas:
How they behave, communicate, and interact with others – via the DISC Personality Assessment
Why they take action – via the Workplace Motivators Assessment
How they interpret their experiences and deploy their knowledge – via the Acumen Capacity Index
Results of the Brooks Talent Index are backed by solid science:
- Based on:
- The work of psychologist Dr. William Marston, whose book Emotions of Normal People (1927) formed the bases of what became an array of DISC assessments developed by others.
- The early-1900s work of Dr. Eduard Spranger, whose book Types of Men described what he called “value attitudes.”
- The 1960s work of logician and philosopher Dr. Robert Hartman’s work on formal axiology, mathematical science of human values.
- Researched and validated by our assessment partner, TTI Success Insights
- Backed by contemporary peer-reviewed science and research journal
The IMPACT Selling Skills Index
The Selling Skills Index evaluates sales knowledge based on today’s modern selling environment. The questions were developed based on The Brooks Group’s deep industry knowledge and expertise regarding sales performance. The results provide an accurate picture of how equipped an individual is to perform at high levels in the current marketplace.
The easy-to-interpret report reveals which step of the selling process poses the greatest challenge to a salesperson, and coaching tips that can be applied to improve their performance in that specific area. Quickly determine where your team member excels, and where they could benefit from targeted training and coaching.
Virtual, Instructor-Led Sales Training
The Brooks Group’s award-winning IMPACT Selling® sales training program has been taught to over one million sales professionals around the world over the past 40 years. IMPACT is an easy-to-remember acronym outlining the stages of the sales process — Investigate, Meet, Probe, Apply, Convince, Tie-It-Up. The system is based on proven, practical strategies that get results in the field — skipping the theoretical nonsense that can stand in the way of your salespeople actually applying their new skills.
The IMPACT Selling® sales process is so powerful because it allows the salesperson to meet the buyer here they are in the buying process while maintaining control of the sale. In these virtual sessions, we break down strategic milestones of the sales process into tactical triggers — addressing the minute-to-minute positioning challenges by applying techniques your most successful salespeople intuitively know, but probably can’t describe.
Our IMPACT Selling® Seminar contains strategies and techniques that can be applied with nearly any product or service, in any industry or selling environment. The flexibility of the system allows salespeople to “make it their own” and adapt to the buyer’s preferences while maintaining control of the sale.
Customized programs include learning tools and sales aids that incorporate the language, examples, and case studies that are most relevant in each client’s unique selling situation, as well as a private-label workbook.
- Brooks Talent Index Level III – Behaviors, Motivators, and Personal Skills
- Selling Skills Index Assessment
- IMPACT Selling Classes
- Materials for IMPACT Selling
- 6 Sessions of IMPACT Coaching
IMPACT Selling Seminar Agenda
Session 1 (2.5 hours)
- Introduction – orientation call
- IMPACT Selling® Fundamentals – master the most important principles behind IMPACT Selling.
Session 2 (2.5 hours)
- Uncovering Your Personal Selling Style – using the Selling Skills Index Assessment, understand your sales behavior and identify your strengths and development areas as a salesperson.
- The Investigate Step – gather sufficient information about your market and individual buyers within it to enable you to make the best possible sales presentation.
Session 3 (2.5 hours)
- The Investigate Step – continued
- The Meet Step – engage your buyer and turn potential resisters into avid listeners. Develop rapport and trust while displaying your sincere interest in the buyer.
Session 4 (2.5 hours)
- The Probe Step – have your buyers identity, feel, and verbalize their needs and identify problems they need to fix or issues they need to resolve.
Session 5 (2.5 hours)
- The Probe Step – continued
- The Apply Step – show your buyers how your recommended product or service meets their needs, solves their problem, or resolves their issue.
Session 6 (2.5 hours)
- The Convince Step – reinforce your buyer’s trust and confidence in the value you are offering.
- The Tie-It-Up Step – ask your buyer for a commitment, negotiate the agreement, then finalize and reinforce the sale.
- Next Steps – develop an implementation plan for the three most critical ideas, strategies, or concepts to implement.
- Final Thoughts – Review key points and highlights from the IMPACT Selling Program
Total Instructional Hours (not including homework outside of class) = 15 hours
Instructor-Led IMPACT Coaching
According to research from Aberdeen, Best-in-Class companies are 15% more likely than others to follow-up sales training with reinforcement. Ongoing training and reinforcement is necessary for lasting sales performance improvement, but your reinforcement methodology needs to be convenient and engaging to be effective! The IMPACT Sales Coaching System moves past boring skill drills and lectures and engages sales reps with the following benefits:
A web-based Learning Management System that puts the sales coaching training program right at your team’s fingertips.
Team and individual point systems add elements of gaming and competition between participants.
Learning through hands-on activities keeps your sales reps engaged during the reinforcement.
The IMPACT Sales Coaching System is an 8-week sales training reinforcement program used to further improve your team’s sales effectiveness. The coaching system helps to ensure sales professionals are truly understanding and implementing newly learned skills with clients and prospects. Through the interactive coaching program, participants have the opportunity to apply key concepts while being guided by an expert sales coach and their fellow team members.
The Brooks Group’s training and sales coaching training programs are proven to boost sales success rates that translate to bottom-line results for your business.
winning up to 10 new accounts after applying new skills from training
the training improved their sales performance in a quantifiable way
using what they learned in their day-to-day activities after the training occurred
Total Instructional Hours (not including homework outside of class) = 6 hours
Approximately $2,325 USD ($2,904 CAD) Per Person
*Minimum team size of 10. Actual cost per person will be calculated based on the number of training group participants, and current currency exchange rate.
Meet Our Facilitators
<< Click Here to Learn More about Our Canadian Partnerships