IMPACT Selling® for the Complex Marketplace
A strategic sales training approach to help your team navigate enterprise-level deals and succeed in complex selling situations
To win in today’s complex sales environment, your salespeople must shift their mindset and approach from tactical to strategic. Real success goes beyond making a one-time sale, to developing a long-term partnership and business strategy with your clients and prospects.
To become a strategic resource capable of driving change, salespeople need the skills to position themselves as experts. They need the in-depth knowledge of your customers’ organizations, buying process, industry, and the concerns of individual stakeholders within the organization.
IMPACT Selling for the Complex Marketplace builds on the solid foundation of the IMPACT sales process. It teaches salespeople how to navigate the complex sale with multiple layers of decision makers—ensuring they have a place at the table when buying decisions are made or RFPs are written.
IMPACT Selling for the Complex Marketplace Benefits
Increase strategic alignment with your customers
become a partner that helps to drive change, instead of just a one-time vendor
Maximize internal resources
manage long sales cycles efficiently and get in before the RFP
Uncover opportunities within existing accounts
sell higher up in the organization and establish long-term business relationships
Differentiate your organization from the competition
turn your sales team’s business acumen into your competitive advantage
Increase and protect your margin
master the art of negotiating with procurement to get the price your product or service deserves
In a combination of instructor-led, individual, role play, and small and large-group activities, sales professionals will learn to:
Navigate Larger Buying Committees
The reality is that more and more people are involved in purchasing decisions today—especially in complex B2B sales. Your salespeople need to be prepared to sell to a crowd and align with a decision-making unit’s buying process. Reps will be given tools to help them:
- Apply a questioning strategy to qualify stakeholders and uncover their wants and needs
- Identify motivators of those individuals involved in the decision process
- Tailor thought leadership and communication to match each stakeholder’s behavior style
Fully Understand Your Customers’ Business
Like you, your buyers are facing tremendous pressure to stay ahead of the competition. Your salespeople can help your customers be more competitive in their own market by fully understanding their critical business processes, strategies, and goals. This depth of understanding leads to:
- A stronger partnership with an increased level of trust in the salesperson and your organization
- The ability for salespeople to uncover future business opportunities within an account
- Embedding your products and services into a customer’s operations
Position Themselves as Strategic Advisors
In order to drive change inside of your customer’s business, your salespeople must position themselves as expert consultants. It’s about going beyond product knowledge to convincing prospects with industry news, research, and subject matter expertise. This program will show your salespeople how to:
- Demonstrate business acumen so clients trust the solutions they recommend
- Provide thought leadership that stimulates conversation and improves credibility
- Build a value formula to effectively differentiate your solution from the competition
Sharing Insights Through Storytelling
Incorporating storytelling into sales presentations allows salespeople to connect with prospects on a human level and vividly illustrate a point. Stories are memorable and relatable, and adding them to the sales process is an effective way to address difficult or challenging issues. Salespeople will master:
- When storytelling is appropriate, and how to seamlessly weave it into sales presentations
- How to link the client’s needs with a relevant, persuasive story that grabs and holds attention
- The correct length, tone, and delivery of an effective story
Collaborate with the Customer on Solutions
In a complex sale, securing the deal goes beyond simply asking for the business. Salespeople can increase customer buy-in for the plan and future contact by collaborating with the client. They’ll build mutually beneficial partnerships with:
- Techniques for asking tough questions, handling price negotiations, and closing with confidence
- A strategic approach for working with procurement and group purchasing organizations
- Best practices and action plans for maintaining an ongoing relationship with the customer
Is Your Team Positioned to Succeed in a Complex Selling Environment?
Evaluate your sales team's positioning by having them complete this downloadable questionnaire. The scores will reveal the perceptions your prospects have about your salespeople.
We guarantee 100% privacy. Your information will not be shared.