Why Choose Virtual IMPACT for Business Development Training?
The experiences your clients have with your business development team will ultimately determine if they do business with your company, or if they decide to take their business elsewhere.
Virtual IMPACT for Business Development is a customizable training workshop designed to give your business development representatives the skills needed to identify and target the right accounts, and to develop and implement prospecting plans to attract new business.
Who is This Program Intended For?
Business development professionals responsible for generating new sales opportunities through outbound prospecting efforts. Program can be applicable for business development representatives, outbound sales representatives, managers, executives, & officers of any level.
The steps of IMPACT for Business Development
IMPACT for Business Development Professionals is designed to fit the everyday business environment of employees while teaching them how valuable their function is to business profitability for you and the customer.
The steps of IMPACT for Business Development are:
- Understand the challenges and expectations of the business development role, evaluate your positioning, develop an actionable prospecting plan, and prepare for outbound calls
- Optimize every customer interaction by developing trust and rapport
- Use effective questioning strategies to uncover customer needs and opportunities, and stimulate interest in a deeper conversation
- Learn when and how to recommend a scheduled appointment or other agreed-upon next steps
- Confirm your appointment, manage customer concerns and resistance
- Close the interaction, establish next steps, and thank the customer practice timely follow-up
What’s included in the Business Development training program?
- Three two-hour virtual sessions of practical, easy-to-implement Business Development prospecting skills training presented by one of our expert facilitators
- Personal assessment designed to help business development representatives increase emotional intelligence and interact effectively to quickly build rapport with customers
- The IMPACT for Business Development workbook and job aids to help participants build and implement business development best practices
Are your business development efforts translating into additional revenue?
Give your team of business development professionals the skills and confidence to maximize opportunities with every customer interaction.
“The IMPACT program was excellent. It helped bring our team to the next level by showing them how to adapt their communication to match the styles of the people they’re interacting with on a daily basis. The best part of working with The Brooks Group team was the customization process. The time they spent from a consultative standpoint allowed them to understand our operations, culture, and needs--and tailor a program that really hit home with participants.”
—Lynn Clark, Vice President, Guy M. Turner, Inc.
“The IMPACT program was outstanding and has enabled us to bring our team into the same training platform as our sales force. They can now share a common language around IMPACT. The overall energy and results received from our planning sessions through to the actual training event exceeded all other training services I have been a part of.”
—Chris Jones, VP of Dealer Relations, C.H.I. Overhead Doors
“The Brooks crew did an excellent job of understanding our company, clients, employees, and objectives—then customized the course to suit our needs. The outcome was a full day of training that provided exactly what we needed to give our employees the tools to engage with customers to achieve the best outcomes for all. This will allow us to turn our customer relationships into a differentiator. I would recommend The Brooks Group’s IMPACT program for any industry and any type of employee that is customer facing.”
—Morgan Brady, CEO, Composite Resources, Inc.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can the program be customized?
Business development training programs can be customized to include learning tools and communication templates that incorporate the language, examples, and case studies that are most relevant in your organization’s unique environment.
Are communication skills covered in the training?
Through hands-on learning activities and virtual breakout rooms, participants will learn the etiquette required for successful, customer-forward communication. Your team will learn to listen for cues and identify the behavior style of external customers over the phone and adapt their communication approach to match. They’ll also be instructed on the most effective way to communicate with internal customers—boosting alignment and collaboration within your organization.