Careers at The Brooks Group
Account Executive – Client Solution Strategist
The Brooks Group, 3-time winner of The Triad Business Journal’s “Best Place to Work,” is looking for an experienced sales leader to join our team. This position requires residency in the Triad area of North Carolina.
The Brooks Group has been consistently ranked by industry analysts as one of the nation’s leading B2B sales training companies. We offer our clients state-of-the-art sales training programs, sales management training programs and sales assessment tools, and we are currently seeking a high energy, highly consultative salesperson to join our sales team.
About the Client Solution Strategist Role
The primary purpose of the role is to grow sales by navigating a complex and crowded marketplace to introduce The Brooks Group’s sales training and hiring/development assessment solutions to self-generated and company-generated prospects to win new customers.
Our CSSs are typically presenting to VPs of Sales, VPs of HR, and Learning & Development leaders as well as Presidents and CEOs. Experience operating at that level is a crucial qualification for this role. An understanding of the complex sale is essential, as is the ability to navigate corporate decision-making dynamics to effectively differentiate yourself – and the company – from the competition.
If you’re selected for this opportunity you’ll be provided with the prospecting tools and training you’ll need to succeed along with a high level of marketing support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop monthly and annual prospecting plans to ensure that sales goals are attained.
- Identify and pursue prospects in order to introduce The Brooks Group’s products and services to and drive revenue.
- Maintain expert knowledge of The Brooks Group’s products and marketing messaging to effectively and persuasively articulate The Brooks Group’s Value Proposition in a clear and compelling way.
- Work closely with the marketing team in developing new ways to increase awareness of The Brooks Group’s products and to evolve and improve the lead qualification process; as well as, to ensure all sales and marketing promotions are aligned and match the opportunities in the marketplace.
- Promptly follow up on all inbound leads.
- Work alongside BDR’s to proactively introduce The Brooks Group’s solutions into industry-specific, US-based accounts.
- Solicit referrals from existing customers in order to grow a book of business.
- Follow up on all self-generated and company-generated contacts in an organized and effective fashion with sufficient frequency to move prospects through the sales funnel in a timely manner.
- Develop customized sales consulting, sales training, and sales management training recommendations for prospects and customers.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations in both virtual and live settings.
- Travel to client and prospect locations in order to win and/or support accounts.
- Develop Proposals and Letters of Agreement.
- Exhibit all aspects of The Brooks Group’s client-facing sales training, sales management training and sales assessment practices in day-to-day selling efforts.
- Work with Instructional Designers, Facilitators, Talent Management Consultants and Project Managers as necessary to ensure client needs are met.
- Work alongside Business Partners (Account Managers) to ensure a smooth client transition and strongest likelihood of future business.
- Network with key stakeholders within prospect and client organizations to make introductions to the Talent Management Team in order to grow assessment business.
- Update all information in SalesForce.com consistently to ensure high quality and usable data.
- Regularly meet and exceed monthly and annual sales target.
- Prepare for and attend weekly 1:1 and weekly group sales meetings.
- Debrief leadership on all open (and closed) sales opportunities.
- Be available for peer coaching and team selling as necessary.
- 4-year college degree is required.
- 5+ years of strategic sales experience.
- Design – generate creative solutions; demonstrate attention to detail
- Problem solving – gather and analyze information skillfully
- Technical skills – strive to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Customer service – respond promptly to customer needs; solicit customer feedback to improve service; respond to requests for service and assistance
- Oral communication – speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; demonstrate group presentation skills
- Planning/Organizing – prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; plan for additional resources; set goals and objectives; develop realistic action plans
- Dependability – follow instructions, respond to management direction; keep commitments
- Initiative – take independent actions and calculated risks; look for and take advantage of opportunities; ask for and offer help when needed
- Innovation – display original thinking and creativity; meet challenges with resourcefulness; generate suggestions for improving work; develop innovative approaches and ideas
- Team-oriented – work collaboratively with all team members, especially in Talent Management and Account Management, to ensure the continuation of a strong client relationship and future business
Compensation & Benefits
- Healthy, competitive base salary with 6-figure on-target earnings
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K
- CSS Training Program
- Unlimited PTO