The Brooks IMPACT Selling Program
Training a sales team for excellence is not a job to be taken lightly. With the IMPACT Selling Training Program, we can upskill your team to make better prospecting choices, build better and more lasting customer relationships, and identify solutions through a collaborative, active listening process led by an experienced and insightful facilitator. With IMPACT Coaching, we can help ensure that your sales professionals are truly understanding and implementing newly learned skills with clients and prospects.
Anyone can create nifty questionnaires or slick looking workbooks and say they have a sales training program. Only The Brooks Group deploys real science and real insights to deliver training that works – validated by the most important measures to your organization – increased sales and increased revenue. The components of The Brooks IMPACT Selling Program, which are outlined below, combine for a total of 22 hours of instructor-led learning.
Brooks Talent Index
The Brooks Talent Index gives managers and individuals a holistic view of an individual’s talents in three distinct areas:
How they behave, communicate, and interact with others – via the DISC Personality Assessment
Why they take action – via the Workplace Motivators Assessment
How they interpret their experiences and deploy their knowledge – via the Acumen Capacity Index
Results of the Brooks Talent Index are backed by solid science:
- Based on:
- The work of psychologist Dr. William Marston, whose book Emotions of Normal People (1927) formed the bases of what became an array of DISC assessments developed by others.
- The early-1900s work of Dr. Eduard Spranger, whose book Types of Men described what he called “value attitudes.”
- The 1960s work of logician and philosopher Dr. Robert Hartman’s work on formal axiology, mathematical science of human values.
- Researched and validated by our assessment partner, TTI Success Insights
- Backed by contemporary peer-reviewed science and research journal
The IMPACT Selling Skills Index
The Selling Skills Index evaluates sales knowledge based on today’s modern selling environment. The questions were developed based on The Brooks Group’s deep industry knowledge and expertise regarding sales performance. The results provide an accurate picture of how equipped an individual is to perform at high levels in the current marketplace.
The easy-to-interpret report reveals which step of the selling process poses the greatest challenge to a salesperson, and coaching tips that can be applied to improve their performance in that specific area. Quickly determine where your team member excels, and where they could benefit from targeted training and coaching.
In-Person, Instructor-Led Sales Training
The Brooks Group’s award-winning IMPACT Selling® sales training program has been taught to over one million sales professionals around the world over the past 40 years. IMPACT is an easy-to-remember acronym outlining the stages of the sales process — Investigate, Meet, Probe, Apply, Convince, Tie-It-Up. The system is based on proven, practical strategies that get results in the field — skipping the theoretical nonsense that can stand in the way of your salespeople actually applying their new skills.
The IMPACT Selling® sales process is so powerful because it allows the salesperson to meet the buyer here they are in the buying process while maintaining control of the sale. In these virtual sessions, we break down strategic milestones of the sales process into tactical triggers — addressing the minute-to-minute positioning challenges by applying techniques your most successful salespeople intuitively know, but probably can’t describe.
Our IMPACT Selling® Seminar contains strategies and techniques that can be applied with nearly any product or service, in any industry or selling environment. The flexibility of the system allows salespeople to “make it their own” and adapt to the buyer’s preferences while maintaining control of the sale.
Customized programs include learning tools and sales aids that incorporate the language, examples, and case studies that are most relevant in each client’s unique selling situation, as well as a private-label workbook.
- Brooks Talent Index Level III – Behaviors, Motivators, and Personal Skills
- Selling Skills Index Assessment
- IMPACT Selling Classes
- Materials for IMPACT Selling
- 6 Session of IMPACT Coaching
IMPACT Selling Seminar Agenda
Module 1: IMPACT Selling Fundamentals
- Master the most important principle behind IMPACT Selling
- Use the Characteristics of Qualified Buyers to understand how to focus your time and efforts
- Identify the steps and rules of the IMPACT Selling system
- Recognize customer needs vs. wants and how to identify solutions that they seek with your product/service
Uncovering Your Personal Selling Style (Sales Assessment Results)
- Understand your sales behaviors, motivators, and selling skills
- Identify your strengths and development areas as a salesperson
- Effectively adapt personal style to improve customer interactions
Module 2: The Investigate Step
- Recognize the importance of the 3P’s: Positioning, Prospecting, and Pre-Call Planning
- Implement strategies to improve your positioning as a strategic resource
- Identify your most effective prospecting strategies
- Pre-qualify buyers
- Prepare for an effective sales call
Module 3: The Meet Step
- Engage the buyer and turn a potential resister into an avid listener
- Identify behavior styles and effectively adapt your own style to communicate more effectively
- Use a Statement of Intention (SOI) to initiate your business conversation
- Bridge to the Probe Step by asking for permission to ask questions and take notes
Day 1 Review
- Review key points and highlights
Module 4: The Probe Step
- Understand the functions of the Probe Step
- Identify a variety of questioning types and how they fit into a strategic sales conversation
- Bridge smoothly to the Apply Step by confirming that you understand your buyer’s greatest needs, challenges, and priorities
Module 5: The Apply Step
- Show your buyers precisely how your recommended product or service meets their need, solves their problem, or resolves their issue
- Make the correct recommendation in such a way that your buyers see, feel, and experience the application of the product or service
- Manage objects
Module 6: The Convince Step
- Utilize targeted strategies to prove your claims at the appropriate point in the sale
- Confirm your prospect’s buying decisions
Module 7: The Tie-It-Up Step
- Ask the buyer to make a commitment
- Negotiate and finalize the sale
- Reinforce the sale by complimenting the buyer on their decision and establishing follow-up standards
Module 8: Next Steps
- Develop an implementation plan for the three most critical ideas, strategies, or concepts to implement
- Review key points and highlights from the IMPACT Selling Program
Total Instructional Hours (not including homework outside of class) = 16 hours
Instructor-Led IMPACT Coaching
According to research from Aberdeen, Best-in-Class companies are 15% more likely than others to follow-up sales training with reinforcement. Ongoing training and reinforcement is necessary for lasting sales performance improvement, but your reinforcement methodology needs to be convenient and engaging to be effective! The IMPACT Sales Coaching System moves past boring skill drills and lectures and engages sales reps with the following benefits:
A web-based Learning Management System that puts the sales coaching training program right at your team’s fingertips.
Team and individual point systems add elements of gaming and competition between participants.
Learning through hands-on activities keeps your sales reps engaged during the reinforcement.
The IMPACT Sales Coaching System is an 8-week sales training reinforcement program used to further improve your team’s sales effectiveness. The coaching system helps to ensure sales professionals are truly understanding and implementing newly learned skills with clients and prospects. Through the interactive coaching program, participants have the opportunity to apply key concepts while being guided by an expert sales coach and their fellow team members.
The Brooks Group’s training and sales coaching training programs are proven to boost sales success rates that translate to bottom-line results for your business.
Total Instructional Hours (not including homework outside of class) = 6 hours
Approximately $2,325 USD ($2,904 CAD) Per Person
*Minimum team size of 10. Actual cost per person will be calculated based on the number of training group participants, and current currency exchange rate.
Meet Our Facilitators
<< Click Here to Learn More about Our Canadian Partnerships