Careers at The Brooks Group
Contract Instructional Designer
Become a Contract Instructional Designer for The Brooks Group
The Brooks Group is seeking an experienced Contract Instructional Designer with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of related business experience. This is a 1099 consultant position.
About The Brooks Group
Founded in 1977, The Brooks Group is a corporate sales training and sales management training company focused on helping companies build top-performing sales teams.
The Brooks Group is consistently named as a Top Sales Training Company by Training Industry and Selling Power Magazine, and regularly receives industry awards from the Stevie Awards, among others.
Positive, productive company culture is a priority for The Brooks Group.
What makes The Brooks Group a great place to work?
- Four-time winner of the Triad Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” awards
- Named as a “Best Employer in North Carolina” by Best Companies Group
- Recipient of the “Happiest Company Award” by TINYpulse
- Named to “Fast 50” list (50 fastest growing privately held companies) by the Triad Business Journal
About this Position
This is a challenging opportunity for an accomplished professional who consistently delivers excellent work, adapts to dynamic client demands, lives up to commitments, and interacts with clients and colleagues to design and develop highly effective training for business-to-business sales teams. The work environment requires a positive, upbeat, creative, and energetic attitude. The successful candidate will exude a passion for making a difference for our client organizations, while demonstrating flexibility, teamwork, and a strong sense of accountability.
The Contract Instructional Designer will:
- Communicate with clients and colleagues to assess performance needs and determine the appropriate training curriculum and format
- Assist the sales team in recommending client solutions based on preliminary needs assessment (e.g., create training outlines/agendas/descriptions for proposals)
- Customize The Brooks Group’s sales and sales management content to fit client needs and performance objectives, to include development of new content as needed
- Manage development of all training deliverables, including participant manuals, facilitator guides, slide decks, job aids/tools, and reinforcement
- Confidently interact with clients at all levels of an organization, including senior executives, sales leaders, salespeople, human resources, and learning and development professionals
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends related to learning and development design and delivery, including mobile and social learning
- Stay apprised of current sales enablement issues and trends
- Demonstrate the flexibility to manage multiple projects and adapt to changing work environment
- Prioritize and complete projects according to strict deadlines and with high quality
- Well-developed writing, research, and editing skills; familiarity with standard style guides
- Knowledge and/or familiarity with adult learning principles, and the ability to apply instructional design principles to training development
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on excellent client service
- Strong consultative skills; the ability to successfully interact with clients to assess needs and develop appropriate training solutions
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and balance multiple projects at one time
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks to meet assigned deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud. Expert knowledge of Adobe InDesign preferred but not required
- At least 5 years of curriculum development experience in a business environment
- Sales training curriculum development experience preferred
Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Technical Writing, Instructional Design, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.