Careers at The Brooks Group
Account Executive – Market Development Manager
Become a Account Executive – Market Development Manager for The Brooks Group
The Brooks Group, multiple year winner of The Triad Business Journal’s “Best Place to Work,” is looking for an experienced sales leader to join our team. This position requires residency in the Triad area of North Carolina.
The Brooks Group has been consistently ranked by industry analysts as one of the nation’s leading B2B sales training companies. We offer our clients state-of-the-art sales training programs, sales management training programs and sales assessment tools, and we are currently seeking a high energy, highly consultative salesperson to join our sales team.
About the Market Development Manager role
The primary purpose of the role is to grow sales by navigating a complex and crowded marketplace to introduce The Brooks Group’s sales training and hiring/development assessment solutions to self-generated and company-generated prospects to win new customers.
Our MDMs are typically presenting to VPs of Sales, VPs of HR, and Learning & Development leaders as well as Presidents and CEOs. Experience operating at that level is a crucial qualification for this role. An understanding of the complex sale is essential, as is the ability to navigate corporate decision-making dynamics to effectively differentiate yourself – and the company – from the competition.
If you’re selected for this opportunity you’ll be provided with the prospecting tools and training you’ll need to succeed along with a high level of marketing support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the marketing department to create new ways to increase awareness of The Brooks Group’s products and services in the marketplace
- Understand the needs of our target prospects and articulate the value that The Brooks Group's solutions provide
- Maintain expert knowledge of The Brooks Group’s products and marketing messaging to articulate The Brooks Group’s value proposition effectively and persuasively in a clear and compelling way.
- Develop weekly, monthly, and annual outreach campaigns to new business sectors
- Follow up on inbound leads via email, social media, and other methods to move prospects through the funnel
- Work with Instructional Designers, Facilitators, Talent Management Consultants and Project Management on internal and external initiatives
- Attend Trade Shows and Industry Events
- Manage Internal Opens and Events
- Increase business acumen by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Efficiently and effectively use various outreach tools such as ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Navigator, Outreach.io, etc.
- Follow-up on self-generated contacts in an organized and professional fashion
- Update lead information in Salesforce.com to ensure high quality and usable data
- Promptly follow up on all inquiries from existing accounts.
- Debrief leadership on all initiatives, as well as open (and closed) sales opportunities.
- Be available for peer coaching and team selling, as necessary.
- Mindset - a long term view and patient, consultative mindset while maintaining an appropriate sense of urgency as the need arises
- Problem solving – gather and analyze information skillfully
- Technical skills – comfortable working with current information gathering and outreach technology (e.g. Zoominfo, Salesforce and Outreach.io), and strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Oral communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; demonstrates group presentation skills
- Planning/Organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans
- Dependability – follows instructions, responds to management direction; keeps commitments
- Initiative – takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offer help when needed
- Innovation – displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Minimum 2-3 years working in sales
Compensation & Benefits
- Healthy, competitive base salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K
- Training Program
- Unlimited PTO