Careers at The Brooks Group
Business Development Representative
The Brooks Group is seeking an experienced Business Development Representative (BDR) with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and one or more years of related sales/sales support experience.
What makes The Brooks Group a great place to work?
Five-time winner of the Triad Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” awards
Named as a “Best Employer in North Carolina” by Best Companies Group
Recipient of the “Happiest Company Award” by TINYpulse
Named to “Fast 50” list (50 fastest growing privately held companies) by the Triad Business Journal
About the Position
This is a challenging opportunity for a career-minded professional who will act as a liaison between prospects and The Brooks Group (TBG) by proactively introducing TBG’s products and services to self-generated prospects, qualifying opportunities for Sales Reps, and selling public seminar seats and assessment products. This role is designed to provide a career path into an outside sales role.
The BDR will:
- Make 40 -60 outbound calls per day to introduce The Brooks Group's products and services to potential buyers
- Follow up on calls via email, social and other methods to move prospects through the funnel to qualified appointment stage
- Articulate The Brooks Group's Value Proposition effectively and persuasively to generate interest in the company's offerings
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified meetings set
- Efficiently and effectively use various outreach tools such as ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Navigator, Outreach.io, etc.
- Follow-up on self-generated contacts in an organized and professional fashion to qualify /deliver leads to Sales Reps
- Qualify all sales leads based upon specific lead qualification criteria definitions prior to passing leads to Sales Reps
- Update lead information in Salesforce.com to ensure high quality and usable data
- Work alongside Sales Reps to proactively introduce The Brooks Group's solutions into industry and US-based accounts. This includes researching and identifying key contacts, calling and emailing prospects to generate initial interest, and setting meetings for Sales Reps
- Understand the needs of our target prospects and articulate the value that The Brooks Group's solutions provide
- Maintain expert knowledge of The Brooks Group's products and marketing messaging to effectively and persuasively demonstrate the products and articulate the value proposition of The Brooks Group's products in a clear and compelling way
- Work closely with the marketing team in developing new ways to increase awareness of The Brooks Group's products and to evolve and improve the lead qualification process
- A "hunter" mentality - comfortable prospecting, cold calling, and following up on leads
- Strong desire to win
- Confident presentation skills, a comfort level with senior professionals and the communications skills to articulate The Brooks Group's solutions to a wide range of organizational and functional levels
- Interest in working in a high activity position
- Outstanding communication and listening skills
- Ability and willingness to learn, to react to and share lessons learned across the organization
- Good time management with strong organizational skills
- A desire to ultimately transition into an outside sales role
- Understanding of the training industry is a plus
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or higher, ideally in Marketing or Business. One or more years of sales development experience, or a high level of interest in a sales role
About The Brooks Group
Founded in 1977, The Brooks Group is a corporate sales training and sales management training company focused on helping companies build top-performing sales teams.
The Brooks Group is consistently named as a Top Sales Training Company by Training Industry and Selling Power Magazine, and regularly receives industry awards from the Stevie Awards, among others.
Positive, productive company culture is a priority for The Brooks Group, and employees enjoy the following workplace benefits:
Unlimited paid time off
Profit sharing program
Training and development opportunities
Health care, dental, and optical coverage, 401K, life insurance, and long-term disability plans