Brooks Group Careers
Instructional Developer Consultant
The Brooks Group, a Global Leader in Sustainable Sales Force Transformation, is Seeking an Instructional Developer Consultant
The Brooks Group is seeking an experienced Instructional Developer Consultant with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of related business experience. This is a contract position.
This is a challenging opportunity for an accomplished professional who can consistently develop excellent work, adapt to dynamic client demands, live up to commitments, manage multiple projects and deadlines, create unique, easy-to-use deliverables, and interact with colleagues to develop highly effective training for business-to-business sales teams. The work environment requires a positive, upbeat, creative, and energetic attitude. The successful candidate will exude a passion for creating simple, interactive, and applicable deliverables for our client organizations, while demonstrating flexibility, teamwork, and a strong sense of accountability.
What makes The Brooks Group a great place to work?
- Four-time winner of the Triad Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” awards
- Named as a “Best Employer in North Carolina” by Best Companies Group
- Recipient of the “Happiest Company Award” by TINYpulse
- Named to “Fast 50” list (50 fastest growing privately held companies) by the Triad Business Journal
The Instructional Developer Consultant will:
- Communicate with team member to determine the appropriate training curriculum and format
- Customize The Brooks Group’s training material to fulfill the needs of each customer (as outlined by the Instructional Designer)
- Develop all training deliverables, including participant manuals, facilitator guides, slide decks, job aids/tools, and any media content
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends related to the consumption of learning materials, including any graphic and media best practices
- Demonstrate the flexibility to manage multiple projects and adapt to changing work environment
- Prioritize and complete projects according to strict deadlines and with high quality
- Well-developed writing and editing skills; familiarity with standard style guides
- Ability to apply instructional design principles to training development
- Knowledge of graphic design fundamentals and principles
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and balance multiple projects at one time
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks to meet assigned deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud. Expert knowledge of Adobe InDesign preferred but not required
- At least 1-2 years of curriculum development experience in a business or educational environment
- Sales training curriculum development experience preferred
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Technical Writing, Instructional Design, Graphic Design, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
About The Brooks Group
Founded in 1977, The Brooks Group is a corporate sales training and sales management training company focused on helping companies build top-performing sales teams.
The Brooks Group is consistently named as a Top Sales Training Company by Training Industry and Selling Power Magazine, and regularly receives industry awards from the Stevie Awards, among others.
Positive, productive company culture is a priority for The Brooks Group.