Careers at The Brooks Group
Contract Assessment Consultant Opportunity
Become a Contract Assessment Consultant for The Brooks Group, a Leader in Talent Management Consulting
The Brooks Group is consistently ranked as one of the top sales training firms in the world. Why? Because of the impact our team has on our clients. We take seriously the idea that we can improve the effectiveness of our clients’ organizations through the use of psychometric assessments throughout the employee life cycle.
Who makes a great Contract Assessment Consultant?
We have exacting standards about the consultants we introduce to our clients. They are dynamic, with track records in delivering excellent customer experience and business insight. Our consultants are truly energized by helping our clients think through the best steps to take with their talent. They have a hard-wired passion for understanding what makes people tick and helping people better understand each other.
We’re looking for someone who is comfortable sharing The Brooks Group’s psychometric assessment tool and strategic and tactical business perspectives with prospects and clients.
The Brooks Group’s contract assessment consultants are independent contractors.
What does one of The Brooks Group’s Independent Consultants do?
- Master the use and interpretation of the TriMetrix Assessment tools
- Lead phone calls to walk clients through assessment results for their candidates and employees
- Based on assessment results, provide business focused feedback and recommendations for:
- Targeted interview questions
- Coaching/managing the respondent
- Areas of strength and development
- Level of risk of hiring a candidate
- + more
- Facilitate a valuable conversation with our clients and prospects about their people and their business objectives
- Identify opportunities for The Brooks Group to have greater impact inside client organizations
What Qualifications & Characteristics does an Independent Consultant have?
- Undergraduate degree and/or experience consulting and providing excellent customer service
- Experience consulting and providing excellent customer service
- Comfort with technology (e.g., Citrix products, cloud-based applications, Mac, google products such as gmail and google calendar, etc.)
- Experience in the corporate environment
- Has a talent for articulating abstract concepts
- Has a passion for understanding human behavior and helping people better understand themselves and each other
- Is able to execute in a polite, courteous, thoughtful, and conscientious manner. Brings warmth, wit, and professionalism to client calls
- Able to distill assessment concepts into practical business intelligence
- Enjoys/is comfortable with speaking and interacting with new people and developing relationships every day
- Asks open-ended questions and listens actively, asking follow up questions as needed
- Synthesizes information well and asks clarifying questions to ensure they understand others
A Day in the Life:
Once you’ve completed training and received The Brooks Group’s TriMetrix Assessment Consultant Certification an average day as a Consultant will look like this:
- Check your calendar for appointments
- Scheduled by our clients using an online scheduling platform and automatically added to your calendar
- Check meeting invites for debriefing materials from TBG
- Assessment reports to review
- Details about the account
- Review/brief yourself on the account, recent review activity, etc
- Dial in to the conference line
- Conduct a debrief (anywhere from 15 minutes to 1.5 hrs depending on number of reports to review)
- Ask questions to ensure your understanding of the role
- Lead client through report, explaining results and what they mean relative to their company and role
- Make recommendations
- Identify opportunities for The Brooks Group to support the client in other ways
- After the call, document call details outlined in client ‘debrief timeline’
- Facilitates understanding between consultants, sales reps, and clients